Huh, guess I was wrong about me not updating the site anytime soon. I’ve rewired a bunch of things behind the scenes which should hopefully make the site easier to work with in the future. Here’s what’s new in this update:
- Rebased using Jekyll.
- All pages (aside from blog posts) are generated using a common template.
- Most dynamically loaded assets are now handled by Jekyll’s generator instead of AJAX requests.
- Added a custom 404 page.
- Fixed animations playing on load on pages that hadn’t been cached yet.
- The site version is now included in the footer. Clicking on it will take you to the most recent changelog.
- Main section rewritten in Markdown.
- Slight changes made to the “about me” section.
- Media database now uses YAML instead of a text file.
- Fields added for various attributes like descriptions. As of now, these are unused.
- All items in the gallery now have titles.
- Category and date info added, however they remain unused as of right now.
- Added a title to the box containing my button to help it stand out more.
- Added a link to PajamaFrix’s website through my Mutualink initiative (which you should check out, by the way–it’s basically free advertising).
- The Pulse entry database was also changed to YAML.
- All content is now loaded through Jekyll’s generator.